Hewlett Packard is a company that has to be introduced. HP has established itself as one of the top printer brands, producing high-quality computers and printers. A printer driver is required to send commands from the computer to the HP printer. Any software that creates a smooth path between two devices is referred to as a driver. Don’t worry if you have a firewall installed on your PC that is preventing the HP drivers. This article offers a thorough solution to the issue.
A firewall is a piece of software that protects your network against malicious attacks. Any of the following printer driver problems could be caused by the firewall:
- HP printers drivers are not able to be installed.
- The printer could not be searched on the network.
- The printer’s operations are hampered in some ways.
- The printer’s status changes to “not connected.”
- The printer has stopped printing.
You could do the following to fix any issues that arise as a result of the firewall:
Step 1: Turn off the firewall for the time being.
- Download the HP print and scan doctor on your PC.
- Choose Network, then Troubleshooting Firewalls after double-tapping it.
- Disable any firewalls that have been enabled. Make sure that all firewalls are turned off.
- Install the printer driver if you haven’t already. Enable the firewall once the driver is loaded and working properly.
Step 2: Set up your firewall
Many antivirus programs have firewall functionality. This feature is found in the best antivirus programs, and it protects the network from dangerous threats. Windows Defender, the in-built antivirus in Windows 10, is available to Windows 10 users.
To set up the firewall in Windows Defender, follow these steps:
- Go to the control panel, then System, and finally Security.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘Allow an app or feature to get through the Windows Defender Firewall.’
- Look for HP programs.
- Check sure all HP-related programs are turned on.
The process outlined above will clear the firewall that is obstructing the HP driver. If the problem persists, please call the HP printer support number.