At some point, every device may experience some problems. The good news is that these issues can be fixed by following a few simple procedures. One of these is to factory reset the device, which is a good way to get rid of any malicious software, speed it up, and make it useful for a new user.
To begin the resetting procedure, you must first identify your device’s operating system. It is critical to understand the operating system because different operating systems have different procedures for resetting them. When compared to previous versions of Windows, the technique for resetting it is simpler with Windows 10. So, here’s a step-by-step guide to factory resetting your HP laptop.
Points to keep in mind before resetting the HP laptop
Before you reset your HP laptop, or any device for that matter, make a backup of all the data present on it. Even if you don’t see the benefit of backing up your files, it’s still a good idea to do so.
You can also schedule backups at predetermined intervals. You also have the option of backing up your files to the cloud rather than using an external device.
How Do You Factory Reset the HP laptop having Windows 10 Operating System?
- Click on Start first and then select the Settings option.
- Enter “reset” in the search bar.
- Click on the “Reset this PC” from the list of options that appears.
- Click on Start and select the settings menu.
- Select “Update and security” from the list.
- Select “Recovery” from the drop-down menu.
- There will be three alternatives available to you.
- “Reset this PC”
- “Go Back to an Earlier Build”
- Simply select the first option and you’ll be ready to begin. Resetting the device is a good way to troubleshoot an HP computer.
How To Reset HP Laptop/ Desktop having windows 8 and 7 Operating System?
The following is the procedure for resetting the HP laptop for Windows 8 and 7:
Inserting the recovery disc that comes with Windows 8 and 7 is an effective approach to reset the system. However, before you begin the reset method, you should make a backup of your data.
- Insert the recovery disc or manufacture a bootable hard drive and connect it to the computer.
- Reboot the system and, during the process, press the F key or the recommended set of keys on your system.
- Then you’ll be directed through the process, which you should follow.
- Wait until the resetting is complete before pressing any keys or clicking anything.
- The HP laptop reset should be completed once this is done.
These were the steps to reset your HP desktop or laptop under Windows 10, 8, or 7. If you have any problems, speak with one of our HP Printer contact number.