Canon is a world-renowned brand known for producing high-quality printers that are both cost-effective and efficient. However, any printer, including the Canon printer, can have problems. The Canon printer communication error is one such issue.
The communication error in Canon is an error in which the communication or exchange of information between the printer and the system is disrupted, as the name implies. This issue can arise due to a variety of factors. You’ve come to the right place if you’re having trouble with this issue. This article will outline effective Canon printer troubleshooting procedures for resolving this problem.
How Can I fix the communication error on my Canon printer?
Procedure 1: Checking to see if the printer’s light is on.
If the light flashes on the Canon printer, that means the printer is receiving adequate power. Check if any connections are loose and if the wireless connection is established.
Procedure 2: Verify if The Printer Port is Set Up Correctly
- As the administrator, log in to your system.
- Select Devices and Printers in the control panel.
- Right-click on the Canon printer and select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Port option from the drop-down menu. Ensure that the USB port (n stands for numbers) is selected, as well as the printer’s name. The port name for a wireless printer would be CNBJNP
- Reinstall the driver if the port is incorrect. If the port selected is correct but printing still fails, right-click the printer and select Diagnose and Repair from the menu. To mitigate the flaw, follow the on-screen instructions.
Contact the Canon printer tech support number if you have any problems.
Procedure 3: Check the drivers
Ensure that your system’s drivers are accurate and up to date. If they’re out of date, it’s a good idea to update them for smoother operations.
Procedure 4: Confirm Printer’s Connectivity and The Status.
Verify that the USB cable is securely fastened and that no loose connections exist. After that,
- Select Control Panel > System and Security > System > Device Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Select USB printing support, then select Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Look under the General tab to see if the printer is connected. You are welcome to contact our Canon printer support team if you have any questions.
The methods listed above should help you fix your canon communication problem. If the problem persists, please contact our Canon printer customer service team. They will resolve your issues as quickly as possible.