The offline issue with Canon printers is a common annoyance for users. Even though this isn’t a major problem, it needs to be addressed right away because it will cause all print jobs to stop. You can breathe a sigh of relief if you’re having this problem with your Canon printer. This blog will discuss the most likely causes of this error and how to resolve it.
Why is My Canon Printer Offline?
When the printer stops receiving commands from the system, it enters the offline state. Below are some of the possible causes of this error:
- Incorrect default settings: This issue can be caused by incorrect default settings. As a result, it’s critical to double-check your default settings.
- Enable printing when you’re offline: This error may appear if the use printer in the offline state is not disabled.
- Error in the printer spooler: This problem could be caused by a glitch in the printer spooler.
- Faulty paper feeding: This error can occur when the paper being fed into the printer does not meet the specifications or is not in the correct orientation.
- Connection problem: This problem occurs when the computer and printer are not properly connected.
- A problem with the USB: This error may also occur if there is a problem with the USB cord
How to Change The Canon Printer From Offline to Online?
The steps for troubleshooting the Canon printer offline error are as follows. To begin, make sure your printer and computer are connected. Make sure your printer and computer are connected securely. A wired or wireless connection can be used. After that, put these steps into action.
Check the setting for ‘Canon printer set as default printer.’
The offline error state in the Canon printer may appear if the default settings are incorrect. To make your Canon printer the default printer, follow these steps:
- Go to your system’s Control Panel and select “Devices and Printers.”
- Select your Canon printer from the printer list and right-click it.
- Choose the ‘Make default’ option.
- A green tick mark will appear next to the Canon printer once this setting has been applied.
- Turn off the ‘Use printer offline’ option.
To Revoke This Option, Use The Method Listed Below.
- Restart your printer if necessary.
- Visit Devices and Printers on your computer.
- Locate and right-click on your printer. Select the ‘What’s printing’ option if you see a green mark on it. Set the printer as the default printer if you notice a grey mark on the printer.
- Select the printer option and uncheck the boxes for “use Canon printer offline” and “Pause Printing.” This will restore your Canon printer’s connectivity.
- Make sure the print spooler option is turned on.
If your print spooler setting is disabled then you will get the printer in offline state error. To turn it on,
- Type ‘services.msc’ in the run prompt. Enter the code using the enter key.
- Look for the Print Spooler option in the list. Once you’ve located it, check to see if the ‘running mode’ is enabled. If not, right-click on this option and choose ‘Start’ from the drop-down menu.
- Right-click and select restart if you want to restart this setting.
- Select properties from the context menu by right-clicking on this setting.
- Drivers should be updated
Obsolete drivers are again another reason that may cause this problem. To update the drivers,
- Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ into the run prompt.
- Activate the option to expand the print queue.
- Right-tap on your printer model to select it. Select the option to update the driver.
- Select ‘Search automatically,’ and your drivers will be updated.
These steps should fix the Canon printer’s offline issue. Contact the Canon printer support phone number if you have any questions or concerns.