Due to their excellent technology and affordability, Brother printers are a popular choice among users. However, when using them, users may receive the message “Brother Printer in Error State,” which can hamper their printing process. If you’ve run into a similar problem and need help solving it, you’ve come to the right place.
Reasons why Brother Printer in Error State emerges?
The following are some of the most common reasons why the Brother printer is in an error state:
- Error in BIOS
- A virus or malware attack
- Drivers can become corrupted.
- a problem with connectivity
- Unfastened or dangling wires, as well as USB cables
- A problem with the system’s files
- The drivers haven’t been updated.
Don’t worry if you run into this problem. Some Brother printer troubleshooting steps are listed below to assist you in resolving this issue.
How to resolve a Brother printer in an error state?
Step 1: Check the power and printer connectivity to the computer.
The first and most important step is to make sure your printer has enough power. Next, make sure the printer is properly connected to the computer and has a strong Wi-Fi connection.
Step 2: Reconnect to the network.
- If you’re using a LAN cable, make sure the connection is secure.
- If you’re using a wireless network, turn off the printer and try to reconnect.
- Check to see if the Brother printer error has gone away by turning the printer off and on again.
Step 3: Resolve Parallel Port Settings
The parallel port settings are frequently changed when Windows is updated, resulting in this error. To correct the parallel port settings, follow these steps:
- Select Device Manager.
- Find the settings for the parallel port.
- To open the properties tab, double-click.
- Select the Port Settings tab from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Use any interrupt assigned to the port” from the drop-down menu.
- Click the OK button.
You can contact our Brother printer customer service number for immediate assistance.
Step 4: Check for any malicious software or viruses.
To deal with this error code, it is recommended that you run a virus scan. Remove the virus or malware after the scan is finished.
Step 5: Verify whether the Printer Spooler is running.
- Press Windows + R at the same time. Type services.msc into the command prompt and hit Enter.
- Select the Printer Spooler and press the Enter key.
- Ascertain that the setting is active and automatic.
- If it isn’t, try to change it.
- Select the Recovery Tab and change the first failure to “Restart the services”.
- Select Apply and check to see if the problem has been resolved.
Step 6: Re-install the printer drivers.
Try reinstalling the Brother printer drivers if nothing else works.
- Uninstall the drivers by going to the Control Panel and looking for the system file.
- Download and install the printer drivers and follow the instructions.
The steps outlined above should resolve the error code. However, if the problem persists, you should contact our Brother printer customer service. Our team of experts is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer any questions you may have about printers. Visit our website also www.simpleprinterguide.com for more information.