Where everything has gone online in today’s technical world, owning a scanner has become a necessity. Having any document in an electronic format is required for everything from filling out online applications to submitting forms. A scanner as a machine provides the job of transforming any physical document into a soft copy. HP scanners are a popular scanner brand among the general public. They are undeniably effective and among the greatest scanners; nonetheless, they may experience certain troubles due to unanticipated conditions. As a result, this blog will go into great detail about the HP scanner not working problem and how to resolve it.
What Is The HP Scanner Not Working Error?
The term “HP scanner not working” refers to a variety of issues with the scanning device. Communication errors, error codes, and a malfunctioning scanning unit are among the key difficulties included in this scanner.
Whatever the problem, this article will highlight the HP scanner troubleshooting techniques that will be effective in restoring the scanner’s regular operation.
How To Fix HP Scanner Won’t Scan
The actions listed below will fix the HP scanner won’t scan problem.
Procedure 1: Check The Connectivity
The scanning process would come to a halt if the connection between the scanner and the system was lost.
So, if you have a connection problem, check the printer’s USB port. Check if the USB cable is working and is attached to the printer. If you’re using a wireless network, make sure the printer/scanner is getting enough signals. You can also unplug and reconnect the printer to the network. Check to see whether the problem has been resolved.
Procedure 2: Update Obsolete Drivers
To enable this functionality, perform these steps:
- On your keyboard, press the windows + R key.
- Click OK after typing ‘services.msc’.
- Select Windows Image Acquisition from the menu bar (WIA).
- Check to see if the startup is automatic and if the services are operating.
- Stop and restart the services if the status is running.
- To put the settings into effect, tap Apply, then Ok.
Procedure 4: Resolve Any Hardware Glitches
To fix any issues with the hardware,
- Run the command prompt as an administrator.
- After copying and pasting the msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic command Press OK.
- Tap Next in the pop-up box that displays.
- To complete the troubleshooting steps, follow the on-screen instructions.
Procedure 5: Execute System File Checker
System File Checker (SFC) is a built-in Windows function that discovers and repairs faulty scanner files.
- To use this functionality, open a command prompt and run it as the admin.
- Enter the command “SFC/scan now” and press Enter.
- Wait until the message “100% verification complete” shows.
- Exit the console and restart the system after the scan to see if the problem has been resolved.
If the problem persists, dial the HP customer service numbe for assistance. Also, visit our website www.simpleprintergide.com